Barrick (Niugini) Limited (“BNL”) is a company incorporated in Papua New Guinea, and operates the Porgera Gold Mine in Enga Province on behalf of the Porgera Joint Venture partners. BNL is an independently managed company and is jointly owned through an equal partnership between Barrick Gold Corporation and Zijin Mining Group-which own 95% participating interest in the Porgera Joint Venture. The remaining 5% is owned by Mineral Resource Enga (MRE) Limited – a consortium consisting of the Enga Provincial Government and the Porgera landowners.
The Porgera Joint Venture now has vacancy for qualified and experienced individuals in the following position:
OFFICER - LANDS & RESETTLEMENT (NS365)
Reporting to the Superintendent Resettlement – Planning & Engagement - Projects, the incumbent will be required to actively support the resettlement planning and implementation phases of the project; In liaison with the Senior Lands Officer, is to organise landowners, liaise with Geotech Engineer and Surveyor for identification of mine impacted areas for compensation; Acquire and free up customary land for development of the mine by conducting field assessments of gardens and other improvements, bush areas and prepare claims for payment to landowners;
The ideal candidate must have:
Qualification in Land Management, Communication / Social Science / Stakeholder engagement or similar fields is preferable
Experience in stakeholder engagement design, planning and implementation and has demonstrated success in communicating with a wide range of stakeholders on complex projects and must be a team-player
Demonstrated success in stakeholder engagement generally and specifically in undertaking negotiations with traditional communities to achieve mutually acceptable outcomes under complex socio-cultural conditions.
Experience with coordinating Land Management related activities and projects with internal external stakeholders
Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and monitor processes and procedures that ensure timely and consistent implementation of key deliverables
Ability to prioritise tasks and ensure delegation where required, work well under pressure and has the ability to work in a challenging environment
Sound conflict resolution skills and can apply strategic thinking to complex challenges resulting in practical solutions
Understanding of the land acquisition processes in the country.
Maintain high level of health and safety awareness and comply with PJV Occupational Health & Safety Policy and all health rules and procedures.
Support the implementation of a pilot resettlement stakeholder engagement and communication plan
Participate in stakeholder forums with local Landowners to discuss the Pilot Resettlement Project
Attend and arrange the logistics and support requirements for the Local and Community Resettlement Committee meetings and undertake secretariat (Minuting of the meetings) duties as required.
Maintain sound records of all applicable engagement activities related to the pilot resettlement project
Support Resettlement Manager with resolution of resettlement related grievances, ensuring they are resolved as per the Barrick Grievance Procedure
Manage and direct land management matters and issues relating to the Pilot Resettlement Project land acquisitions.
Promote and comply with the PJV Occupational Health & Safety Policy. Develop, implement and maintain safe work procedures and promote high safety and health awareness.
Ensure appropriate facilities, procedures and workforce competence to achieve legal compliance, incident prevention and the achievement of tasks in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Communicate with external stakeholders for the purpose relating to land acquisition or compensation
Undertake land assessment and compensation using the PNG-Valuer General Rates.
NB: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST HAVE AN UP TO DATE POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE (ACQUIRED WITHIN THE LAST 6 MONTHS).
If you possess the ambition and drive to build a career with Porgera Joint Venture, forward your application and resume before the 29th September, 2017 to: The Recruitment Team, Porgera Joint Venture Email: PHRCoordinator@porgerajv.com or Phone: (+675) 547 8912/544 3056 for more information. Emailed job applications are encouraged.
The Porgera Joint Venture owns and operates the Porgera Gold Mine, located in the Province of Enga in the Papua New Guinea Highlands. Barrick (Niugini) Limited, the manager of the mine, holds a 95 percent ... read more >