- Job Seekers
- Employers / Agents
- About Us
- Contact Us
National Capital District, Papua New Guinea
Emergency Services / Response, Health, Other
Starting at K6.75 per hour (PGK)
TRAINEE AMBULANCE OFFICER (EMT-Basic) - MARCH 2018 INTAKE
St John Ambulance is recruiting men and women aged 21 years and older to become Ambulance Officer (EMT-Basic). Applicants should meet the selection listed criteria below.
• Completion of year 12 or higher qualification
• Excellent literacy in written and spoken English.
• Hold a Class 6 Driver License with good driving history
• Can manage difficult situations where people may be angry or emotional
• Work with people to resolve conflicts to achieve good outcomes
• Able to be confident and give directions to other people
• Able to provide care and reassurance to people who may be upset or in pain
• Be a team player and work well with other people
• Ability to use a computer for email, Microsoft Office and internet.
• Commitment to develop skill and be willing to undertake more training throughout career.
• Able to adhere to procedures and follow directions and orders in the workplace.
The Ambulance Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) responds to emergency calls to provide efficient and immediate care to the critically ill and injured, and to transport the patient to a health facility. The ultimate task of the EMT is to assess the medical needs of the sick or injured person and provide immediate care, with priority given to the most seriously in need of help.
The EMT (Trainee) will attend the St John Ambulance Paramedicine College to do an ambulance induction course. The EMT (Trainee) will do further emergency medical training throughout their career.
Email your CV, Police Clearance Certificate and cover letter to email@example.com
Applications Close 24 January 2018.
Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
During the first four-weeks of induction training, candidates are paid an allowance of K5 per day, plus provded lunch. After successful completion of induction training, employees start at K6.75 per hour.
St John Ambulance is a statutory body that provides 24-hour emergency ambulance services for the Government of Papua New Guinea. St John are the experts in prehospital care, ambulance and major event health ...
read more >
Portion 702, Taurama Road, BOROKO NCD