Wood is currently recruiting for a Technical Trainer to join our team in PNG and based at the Hides Gas Conditioning Plant on rotational basis (28/28). Reporting to the In-Country Training Manager, this role is responsible for both strategic and operational management of training and competence processes and programs for the Contract.
The successful candidate will lead the delivery and implementation of training; plus, competence programmes to ensure the most effective utilisation of training, learning and development is available to support Contract objectives and the delivery of a trained and competent workforce.
- Provides an overview and structure regarding the administration of the Training and Competence function including Competence Assessment, Knowledge Matrices, Training Databases and interface with external training providers
- Provides support to line management regarding the suitability, availability and cost of training; plus, the management of Competence Assurance processes
- Critically evaluate Training processes and practices; and identifying plus implementing improvements where appropriate
- Demonstrates technical expertise and the ability to influence and challenge others to behave in ways consistent with the interest of the organisation
- Facilitates Training sessions and the implementation of programs
- Demonstrated understanding of internal policies and processes; and alignment with global network
- Develop Training programs for short- and long-term management of Competence Assurance, particularly with regards to field-based personnel by ensuring all employee groups have robust and aligned procedures around management of competence
- Oversees the Training for all Contract locations including the delivery, scheduling, resourcing and recording of internal and external training
- Manages external relationships with preferred suppliers for external training and ensures cost value is achieved and billing processes are effective
- Develops and manages relationships with Client Training Operations Support Supervisor
- Works with the Senior Management on the overall business unit strategy with regards to Training, Learning and Development
- Ensures government subsidies with regards to Training & Competence are identified and accessed where applicable.
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified for the equivalent associated experience
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in the field of Construction/Oil & Gas or Mining Industry Preferred
- Demonstrates technical knowledge and ability in Training & Competency function
- Demonstrates experience in High Risk Training / Cranes & Rigging / Dogging Training preferred
- Holds current competence for heavy equipment, cranes, scaffold and rigging (desirable)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
This role is for PNG Nationals only.
If you’re an experienced Technical Trainer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!